At American Snuff Company, LLC there is an overarching philosophy of giving. Our philanthropic efforts start with our leadership team and hold true through our employees.
American Snuff Co. and its employees are involved in the communities in which we live and work in numerous ways. Giving back is in the DNA of American Snuff Co. and is exemplified in our employees, who:
- Make financial contributions to a number of local non-profits
- Donate toys to Salvation Army and Toys for Tots
- Hold food drives for local organizations such as Samaritan Ministries of Winston-Salem, Mid-South Food Bank of Memphis and Mama Café of Clarksville
- Give their time to Habitat for Humanity
American Snuff Co. Charitable Trust
American Snuff Co. created the American Snuff Charitable Trust in 1952 as an expression of its commitment to the communities where its employees live and work.
The Charitable Trust has donated millions of dollars since its inception, and the company is proud of its longstanding relationships with charitable organizations in the Memphis, Tenn., Clarksville, Tenn., and Winston-Salem, N.C., areas.
Employees at each of these locations personally deliver the bulk of the donations and witness the impact that these gifts have on our communities.
The Charitable Trust chooses to spread its financial support across a range of non-profit organizations that have a demonstrated ability of providing assistance to our local communities.
Through donations of the Charitable Trust, a real difference has been made in the lives of countless people in the communities surrounding our facilities.
- In 2015, ASC Taylor Brothers gave $30,000 to sponsor Habitat for Humanity in Stokes County NC.
- In 2016, ASC Clarksville gave $30,000 to sponsor Habitat for Humanity in Montgomery County Tenn.